Interface Modeling And Acting - SCAM ALERT!!!!!

Apr 23, 2012
review #314073

InterFace representatives defraud families that they find at malls or theme parks.They give false hope to children that they will actually help them reach stardom and they charge parents thousands of dollars for poorly executed photo shoots.

The owner Mr. Vintfeld has been involved in lawsuits in two different states and the company has endured hundreds of consumer complaints. After extensive review of InterFace I made a wise decision to not continue with them.

InterFace violates the Consumer Fraud Act and needs to make retribution to all of the families the company has hurt.They should all be ashamed for their unconscionable practices!

aad6005
Had an experience with Interface Modeling And Acting?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
ERIKA

Sep 29 Bronx, New York

I have the same issue i follow all the refund policies and never receive my refund total $2450. every time i call was the same issue.

hilly

Jun 30

I agree. I was not apart of the fraud but i know whats up. A friend tried to go and she was hazed because she would not pay the over priced photos. You may be getting paid but if they are taking a huge % & the more jobs you get the more they say.."hey, you need new photos pay us money" its just $ your paying right back to them. Thats how agency scams work. I am in college for identity theft and I have been modeling since i was 15, i know how things work.

anonymous

May 19 Hialeah, Florida

I was clearly explained everything on the interview, I enjoy my kids photo shoot, until I met wit Karen, the marketing director, who insisted I paid for 4 years of marketing totaling $2,400 per child.I went there thing $1.75 and $4.50 x 50, as I was told. I brought $800, but that was not good she said.I dont have that kind of money. Then she got really desperate, telling me call someone, write a check, she then left and came back looking mad. She even told me she could not keep my kids pictures in the system until I have the money. I was in tears. This woman has no heart. I think she must be one of the owners because she is so mean. I dont know what to do.

ANONYMOUS

May 19 Hollywood, Florida

DO NOT HATE THE DIRECTORS, THEY ARE JUST DOING A JOB. MY FRIEND WAS ONE OF THEM. SHE WORKED FOR $500 A WEEK, LONG HOURS. ABOUT $8 AN HR. SOON THEY ALL LEAVE BECAUSE IS NO MONEY THERE. IF SHE DID NOT MAKE A SALE, SHE WAS IN TROUBLE WITH MANAGEMENT. WANNA BE MAD, GO AFTER THE OWNERS, THEY ARE THE ONES MAKING THE MILLIONS.

Sherrissa

Feb 01 Smyrna, Delaware

They scammed me out of 250.00 in November 2013. Today I have yet to receive my refund. I cancelled the next day over the phone. Posted marked my letter within 3 days. Tracked it, they received it on 11/07/2013. I got a call from them in December stating they received everything and was processing my refund. To expect a check in the mail in one month. It is February 2014 and I still don't have my money. I call and the customer service reps hang up on me. Who does this. They told my bank I didn't cancel in time, however I have all documents to prove I did. I will be fighting this until I receive my money. I encourage anyone who is getting phone calls from this company to not fall for the scam.

Jan 02

Interface refuses to use photos from fashion photographers not paid via their business to market my child, a model with two agencies in the past. Instead they only use a series of photos in which my child's hair color is wrong and her style outdated by years. They refuse to update her photos unless I pay more money. I paid nearly 3 thousand dollars for a 2 year stint. During 11 of the months, Interface did nothing as my child was on an exclusive contract obtained via meeting an agency director, not via an Interface tactic. We were unable to find a Google hit for a marketing source. Buying into this scam was the worst decision I have made and trying to make Interface act responsibly has been fruitless. Is the Florida Attorney General taking complaints? Fashion photographers can be found for MUCH less and they service the big modeling agencies. Is there a difference between the NJ bologna and what is served via Interface Boca? I find this business a terrible place to waste money.

Jan 02

Update: Interface and we came to an agreement!!!! I never expected that after so many rounds of disagreeing.

ete3434

Jan 01

Interface is run by the SAME people of One Source Talent. THEY ARE A SCAM!

jason

Dec 30, 2013 Laurel, Maryland

I just got scammed out of $2,450 by interface in Gaithersburg, MD. how can we take legal action against them?

Teresa

Apr 28

I went to the same place for my daughter and they charged me $595! I am still battling them for my refund which I did everything within the 3 day window. It's a scam!!!! I better get my money back!

sOPHIE

Dec 13, 2013

They took my money and refused to give it back. This was in August and it is now December. I filed complaint with BBB, so I am hoping they will help me get my $775 dollars back. People please dont do it. They are SCAMMERS!!!!

shorty

Dec 09, 2013 Port Chester, New York

its all lies and I cant believe how they can really keep your money and nothing can be done unbelieveable but I will keep posting how they just take ppl money

maddy

Dec 09, 2013 Port Chester, New York

they just scammed me out of 400.00 but im not giving up I will post all over if I have so many promises all lies unreal that they can do this to hard working ppl

ConcernedMom2

Oct 30, 2013

We walked in, EYES WIDE OPEN with Interface. We have a relative who went through Interface to find her agent and is still working with that agent. We were not "mystified" by any of the high pressure, fast-talking BS. Also, the representatives incorrectly assumed that we were "new to the business." My daughter was modeling in Asia for quite some time, so we were somewhat familiar with the process and HAD read the reviews. We signed on to do the "2 outfit, 48 photos" package. Because my daughter already has been working and already has photos to submit (AND we know how to do it ourselves), we decided to have Interface show us their stuff, so to speak. Today, I went back in to view the photos and then came home and composed the following to them:

To whom it may concern:

We are hereby notifying you and any of your employees that we do not wish to pursue any more business with you in any way. We do not wish to be under contract and according to the cancellation policy you have spelled out on page 2 of our “Membership Agreement,” this document serves as such notification.
When we had our photo shoot, we spoke with Kia (sp?), who stated that we’d be able to come in and view the photos and buy the copyright to the photos at the marketing appointment. I asked her how much I was “looking at spending” and she replied “The copyright is $45.”
When I prepared for the meeting, I knew that Interface was indeed NOT going to let us out of there without
... Show more

A former Director

Sep 30, 2013

They have numerous lawsuits against them in multiple states. They have no regard to the people they use and lie to, children, parents and employees alike. It is amazing how much Roman and Danielle Vintfeld and their family (and yes I was told by a family member that it is a ripoff) have made off of the backs of children. So much so that he has had to pay over a half million dollars to the State of NJ and the clients there. They move into 'new' markets, take the money and run. Just ask the people in MA, NJ, FL and now places like Washington DC and Texas. And he abuses the employees with his father, having cameras everywhere, spying on their every move and then making unrealistic demands like forcing employees to lie to customers and under oath. It is a great thing NJ saw through the Vintfeld plan.

How many companies have you run Mr. Vintfeld to avoid the law? Ask the BBB:

"Roman Vintfeld listed as the principal of Interface III is also listed as the principal listed for Interface SoNo, LLC located in Norwalk Connecticut.

Roman Vintfeld, CEO of Industry Models & Talent Studios is also the principal of a Norwalk, CT company called InterFACE Talent Network.

...

Roman Vintfeld, CEO of InterFACE SoNo, LLC is also the principal of two New Jersey based businesses, InterFACE 1, LLC and Industry Model & Talent Studios, LLC, also known as Industry Studios, Industry Modeling & Talent Studio, Nijah
... Show more

1 1 Reply
Pony Boy

Sep 28, 2013 Bloomfield, New Jersey

Uhhh, They have a Facebook page. Check them out for your selves and stop the *** name calling on here. Hey, if people hated them so much how come they are on their Facebook page. I thought if you didn't like someone you unfriended them?? just saying

1 1 Reply

Sep 27, 2013

does anyone know of a real modeling agency?

smh

Sep 13, 2013 Stuart, Florida

Just booked an appt but after seeing this I will be cancelling! Thank you for informing the rest of us! It is horrible that these ppl not only took your money but also affected your child in such a way. SMH

Sep 11, 2013 Clifton, New Jersey

Thank you so much for this review, I schefuled an appt for my daughter buti will cancel it Stat. ????????????

1-20 of 44 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Interface Modeling And Acting.
Filing a new complaint about
×